The things I love about teaching yoga.
There was a time when I would think about the things I love about taking yoga. But these days, I find myself thinking about the things I love about teaching yoga.
Here are the first 10 that come to mind:
- I love to help students realize that their deepest pose is usually discovered while modified
- I love expressing my passion for the beauty and simplicity that is yoga
- I love to observe students when they smile during class without being reminded to – and sometimes without even realizing they are smiling
- I love to see a student’s body “sing” during class
- I love to learn from my students
- I love breathe with my students
- I love it when my students tell me that they got exactly what they came for
- I love it when a student realizes that “aha” moment
- I love it when an advanced student comes to a beginner class and LOVES it
- I love it when a beginner comes to an advanced class and overrides their ego – staying with their modified practice
Simply put: I absolutely love teaching more than I ever imagined and am full of gratitude every time I step through the door and students are there to provide me the opportunity to teach!